At BessaHotel, we want your only concern to be enjoying your holiday. For this reason, we have defined some action and prevention protocols to ensure the health and well-being of our guests, employees and collaborators in all our establishments.
All the protocols and safety and hygiene measures designed follow the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Portuguese national health authority (DGS) and have been developed in conjunction with MedicisForma, a leading national company in food safety, hygiene and health, in order to guarantee the best implementation of the measures and inspire in our guests the greatest possible confidence. To ensure optimum efficiency in cleaning processes, all of our employees have received specific training from Christeyns, a leading international company in cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Moreover, our hotels have been accredited with Turismo de Portugal Clean & Safe certification.
Safety and hygiene in our facilities has always been a priority for us, but now more than ever we are taking all possible steps to ensure that travelling continues to be a safe experience.
Protect yourself and those around you!
- Wear a mask throughout the common areas of the hotel.
- Regularly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 2 metre (6.6 feet) distance between yourself and others.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid going to crowded places. Only share the elevator with your family or room members.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, let us know.
- Training for all staff on hygiene and prevention measures.
- Daily temperature control and must notify if any symptoms appear.
- Staff equipped with PPE and trained in its correct use to guarantee everyone’s safety.
- New online check-in system.
- Maximum 60% capacity in order to guarantee the minimum safety distance between people.
- Guest Protection Kit given upon arrival with hand sanitizer, mask and gloves.
- Disinfection of magnetic room keys after each use.
- Social distancing measures between guests and employees.
- Billing by email and a preference for contactless payments.
- Thorough cleaning of the entire room with virucidal products.
- Increased frequency of disinfection of surfaces with greatest contact such as switches, door handles, doors and bathroom fittings.
- Washing of clothes and textiles with special programs to guarantee maximum hygiene.
- Majority of in-room materials and hotel information have been converted to a digital form.
Common Areas & Elevators
- Hand sanitizer is available in all common areas, bathrooms, and lift entrances.
- Thorough and more frequent cleaning of public areas, with special attention to bathrooms and areas of greater contact.
- Maximum capacity established in order to guarantee the minimum safety distance between people.
- Elevator occupancy is limited to same family or room members.
- Air renovation system in all common areas.
Restaurant & Bar
- Food & beverage services may be limited or unavailable.
- Digital menu easily accessible via smartphone. Single use menus also available.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers at all entrances to restaurants and bars.
- Limited capacity in restaurants and bars.
- Disinfection of tables and chairs after each use.
Pool & Gym
- Limited capacity in the swimming pool and gym area. Usage turns may be introduced if necessary.
- Enhanced maintenance and cleaning of pool water in order to guarantee optimum quality.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of the pool & gym area.
- Sauna and Turkish bath services are temporary closed. Awaits government regulation.
Life is giving us the chance to start over, to redefine who we want to be.
BKind, BHappy, BinLove, BAwesome!